Thursday 22 March 2012

How does it feels to be 21 years?

I remember when i was 15 years old, i had this big dream that i can't wait to be 21 years old. At that time i was in grade10 i had so many plans that at the time i will be still a good, respectful and fearing child of God. When i was 18 years old my granny told me "look here you have not reach 21 years yet so you are still a child" i told her yes granny i agree with you but at least 1 year has been added into my life so that means i am growing, she said "Yha yha you can say that but to me you are a child and you always be". Before my 21st i was treated as a child, i would think like a child and react like a child in everything i did as a child.


My parents when they look at me before my 21st, they were so proud and i am glad that they still are. On the 16 February 2012 i turned 21 years old that day was the best day ever in my life, i had so much fun and in my heart there was fullness of Joy, it was a good moment of being appreciated by your parents. My granny called me and she said in Xhosa "uyabona kengoku somdala uThixo akusikelela" it meas I am old now and may God bless you.

I don't know how does it feels to be 21years old but I know its a big change and instead of facing less challenges they become more. All in all its a good feeling and when i reflect from my life i say I am grateful to God for keeping me safe and for His love, mercy and Grace without Him i would not be here.
It was a special day for, i was Princess to my dad:
I am grateful for everyday that i have on earth.

1 comment:

  1. I remember when I turned 21. My parents also let me free of the 'child' mentality. But i am still and will always be their little girl :)

    ReplyDelete